Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Carrollton's Purple Trail


Well there are some parks in Carrollton!  Start of the day it was clear with scattered clouds. By the time I made it back to my neighborhood the skies were dark gray.  It would be hours before the rain really started, but we could see it coming. Starting out on Kelly a little south of Keller Springs, the purple trail meanders along the creek.  Except for the occasional biker trying to run me over it was an uneventful meandering.  

Shortly after this sign, around the bend, sits the Ward Stevenson Park, complete with gym set for the kids, picnic tables and a basketball court for the really ambitious.

The Purple Trail, cleverly named for the Purple Line that divides the trail into the slow and fast lanes,  has markers every 1/4 of a mile, inviting shade, benches for those inclined to spend a few moments enjoying the immediate surroundings, or maybe just taking a break, and offers the diversion of Frisbee golf for the athletes. Generally the nets are in a cluster of trees, making the sport at least look inviting.  You can tell I am not a Frisbee golfer because I didn't take one picture of either the golfers or their targets, although I did notice that most of the players were of the male species, the younger variety.


Almost home, just one or two more curves



                                                                                                      Then there was this ghost following me along the way, the Purple girl on the Purple Trail, a kindof shapeless blob but I liked her anyway, since it was me, and I tend to at least try to like myself. While I have been seeing monarchs on most of my walks they like to buzz me and keep on flying.  This one sat still for the requisite millisecond it took to take the picture. However it was still just luck.  A millisecond later it was flitting away with its friends, on its way to Mexico after a quick bite to eat. Between the monarch and the blob, I'd have to probably go with the monarch for artistic excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment